At Wood Badge, participants are taught scouting principles and best practices coupled with the most current leadership models used by successful organizations throughout the country.
Wood Badge is a powerful, six-day experience as a Boy Scout Troop modeling leadership skills and best practices with an energizing vision of Scouting.
Utilizing materials drawn from the work of Kenneth Blanchard, Stephen R. Covey, Robert K. Greenleaf, and other recognized experts on leadership and training, participants are provided an opportunity to learn and apply a variety of leadership skills.
Many organizations count Wood Badge toward Continuing Education credits!
Skills and concepts learned at Wood Badge:
- The stages of team development
- Listening to learn
- Managing conflict
- Values, mission, and vision of Scouting
- Project planning, problem solving, and decision making
- Leveraging diversity
- Coaching and mentoring
- Appropriate instructional styles
- Servant leadership
- Leading change in organizations
- Functioning in a multi-generational environment