What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is a powerful, six-day experience as a Boy Scout Troop modeling leadership skills and best practices with an energizing vision of Scouting.
Utilizing materials drawn from the work of Kenneth Blanchard, Stephen R. Covey, Robert K. Greenleaf, and other recognized experts on leadership and training, participants are provided an opportunity to learn and apply a variety of leadership skills.
These are some of the topics covered:
- The stages of team development
- Listening to learn
- Communication skill
- Managing conflict
- Values, mission and vision
- Project planning, problem solving, and decision-making
- Leveraging diversity
- Coaching and mentoring
- Appropriate instructional styles
- Servant leadership
- Leading change in organizations
- Functioning in a multi-generational environment
Many organizations count Wood Badge toward Continuing Education credits.
- WHAT IS IT?
- Advanced adult leadership training!
- WHAT IS TAUGHT?
- Scouting principles and best practices coupled with the most current leadership models used by successful organizations throughout the country.
- WHO SHOULD GO?
- All adult leaders in all positions.
- WHEN IS IT?
- June 4-9, 2018 -or- Sept. 13-15 & 20-22, 2018
- WHAT IS THE COST?
- $210 includes all meals and camp use fees.
- HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Click this link!
- HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE?
- Call Jeff Wixom
(801) 971-3301 for June
Call Don Reynolds
(208) 965-5225 for September