Internet Advancement is for reporting Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, and Sea Scout ranks; Venturing advancement awards; Webelos activity badges; merit badges; and various other awards available in all BSA programs.
The BSA requires units to report this information to the Ore-Ida Council. When Internet Advancement is used properly, it alleviates issues in documenting progress as Scouts submit Eagle applications or transfer from one unit to another within a council. Consistent and constant reporting also assures accurate records for use by commissioners, other district and council volunteers, and the National Council.
Here’s How it Works
The unit assigns an adult, known as the “unit advancement processor”, to record advancements. In turn, the Ore-Ida Council assigns each unit with a “unit ID”. If you do not know this unit ID number, contact the Ore-Ida Council at 208-376-4411.
Then the adult leader, prepared with the unit ID number, enters the website as a first time user, and registers themselves and the unit. The website then allows the processor to upload advancement information from third party platforms or manually enter information using the web page forms.
Units will also be able to print reports without needing to contact the DE or the Ore-Ida Council Registrar. These reports include:
- Unit Roster showing active youth and adult leaders
- Unit Advancement Summary shows ranks, merit badges, and awards saved in each person record for current members of the unit.
- Advancement Report lists each youth member that has new ranks, merit badges, and awards. This is the official Unit Advancement Report to be signed and submitted to either the Scout Shop or the Ore-Ida Council office.
- Unit Awards Summary lists the number of new ranks, merit badges, and awards by name as a shopping list.
- Advancement Update Summary lists any ranks, merit badges, and awards that were already in the member record and were updated online.
- Membership Cards (unofficial) that can be used to show that the youth or adult is registered in the unit.
If you have any questions or comments, contact the Ore-Ida Council office at 208-376-4411.